1. “I am too overweight to do a boudoir session.” I hear this ALL the time and it hurts my heart a little. Too overweight? Compared to what standard? Everyone is beautiful. A professional photographer knows how to light and pose you to celebrate your curves.
2. “I don’t know how to pose.” Cool. You’re a clean-slate! I will pose you from head to toe and even guide you on expressions.
3. “All of the women on your site look like models, I don’t look like them.” Have you seen models before hair, makeup and Photoshop? You can have the same glamorous transformation or you can keep it more natural.
4. “I’m pretty shy.” I understand how vulnerable my clients feel when they enter my studio. It is my job to make you feel comfortable and in a safe place. I will show you the back of my camera as we’re shooting so you will see that what we’re doing is working and it will build your confidence throughout the shoot.
5. “I’m too old to do a boudoir session.” Say what? No way. Are you too old to feel special? To feel beautiful? To celebrate yourself? Embrace who you are throughout life’s many stages.
6. “I don’t have any sexy lingerie to wear.” You don’t have to wear sexy lingerie. An oversized t-shirt is just as sexy as a strappy babydoll. Heck, you can just cover yourself with a sheet if you want.
7. “I don’t want my photos on the internet.” Privacy of my clients is my number one priority. Images are only shared with your written permission.
8. “Boudoir photography is too expensive.” Boudoir photography is an investment and simply put, you get what you pay for. A highly skilled, reputable boudoir photographer knows their worth and also knows what a great client is worth to us. I provide my clients with an amazing experience from start to finish and am grateful for each and every one of them.
9. “What would people say if they found out I had a sexy photoshoot?” Stop worrying about what other people think of you. It’s none of their business. You are not doing the shoot for them, you are doing it for YOU. You don’t need anyone else’s approval but your own.
10. “I’m not photogenic.” You are not unphotogenic to me. This is what I DO! I am here to show you how absolutely GORGEOUS you are. Clients often cry in disbelief when they see their images.